Thursday, August 16, 2012

REMO Drumhead chart

Keeping up with drum heads has become quite a challenge.  Even for someone who often deals with them.  Here is a chart I've created putting all of REMO's (drum set use) heads in somewhat of an organized form.  
 
There are three boxes:
  • The top box is the basic heads broken down into two categories: single & double ply.  These heads have no dampening.  The Vintage Emperor is the newest.
  • The bottom box is the same idea but these heads have some sort of dampening ring/ reinforcing dot.  
  • The middle box combines the two boxes and adds textures to them.  Check out REMO's website for those details.
I also tried to organize tone and durability.  IN GENERAL, you can follow the arrows in the top.  I also tried to list the heads in darkness of tone as it goes down each subset, but I haven't tried all of the heads so it's not definite.  All of the heads do not come in all sizes.
I will probably make a second page with more details of each head.  I will also continue to create and post more of these charts as I make them.  Let me know if you have any questions/recommendations to this chart or other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment